Which one of Knies, Tuch or Cotter can sustain hot starts.

 3 faces in new places, which start of these 3 is most sustainable.




Hey guys and welcome back to another end to end hockey blog post, today we look at a couple of offseason additions in Vancouver, Washington and Columbus who have gotten out to fast starts, which ones start has been most surprising and can any one of them keep up the blazing starts they have been on, let’s go and see who these players are and if they can keep up their success.


Imagn Images


1.) Alex Tuch in Washington, has 3G-0A-3P and a +4 rating in 3 games 

Quick Analysis: now Tuch was acquired in the offseason by the Capitals in a sign and trade from Buffalo and was given a big contract by Washington, and early on he is seeming to fit in really well as in his Cap’s debut he put up 2 goals including the game winner and now has 3 goals and 3 points along with a +4 rating playing on the Caps 2nd line with Wilson and Dubois who are also having fantastic starts to the year, so when it comes to if I think he can keep this up, I do think he can, as he was a point driver last year with the Sabres putting up 33 goals and 66 points, and after the start of the season Tuch has had, I feel he is gonna hit 30+ goals again this year and probably put up between 60 and 70 points, but all in all I feel Tuch can and will keep up this production throughout the entire year for the Capitals. 


Imagn Images


2.) Paul Cotter in Vancouver, has 4G-2A-6P and a +4 rating in 4 games

Quick Analysis: now maybe the most surprising player with a new teams start has to be Paul Cotter, as the former Devil and Knight has broken out in Vancouver after just 4 games, as after not being qualified in the offseason and reaching UFA status to sign a 1 year deal in Vancouver, he is slowly becoming a key piece of the Canucks forward group as it has only been 4 games but he already had 4 goals and 6 points in 4 games and is almost halfway to his point total from last year in 75 games less, so on a rather weak Canucks team I do think his production is sustainable but I do wonder if Vancouver maybe deals him at the deadline in which case I think his production might drop a bit, but all in all it has been one heck of a start in the Blue and Green of the Canucks for Paul Cotter. 


Imagn images


3.) Matthew Knies in Columbus, has 2G-2A-4P and a +1 in 2 games 

Quick Analysis: now lastly here another new face in a new place was actually a guy who up until 2 weeks ago was still on his old team and that is Matthew Knies, now maybe to some peoples shock Matthew Knies was to the the Blue Jackets as the main piece  of the trade return the Blue Jackets got for moving Kirill Marchenko on roster finalization day, and he hurried to join the Jackets for their season opener and although it has only been 2 games, he has looked rejuvenated on the Jackets as he had a 2 goal performance in his first game as a Blue Jacket and know has 4 points in the Jackets first two games and I do believe his production is sustainable as he is getting top line minutes with playmakers like Fantilli and Johnson, so if he keeps producing like he has then I think he could break his career high and put up 70+ points for the Jackets but maybe even help the Jackets make the postseason, but it has been a great start for Knies in the Jackets organization. 


So those are the 3 players in my opinion who have gotten off to blazing starts with their new teams and I am very curious to see how those players fair on new teams for the entire season, but that is all I have to say today, so once again I would love to hear your thoughts below, which of Knies, Cotter or Tuch do you guys think has the best chance to continue their hot starts all season, don’t forget to check out my YouTube Channel and I can’t wait to see you guys all soon. 

Comments