Oilers and Flames want Dach?

 Flames and Oilers both want to acquire Kirby Dach.



Hey everyone and welcome back to another End to End Hockey Blog post, as today we look at the two Alberta teams in the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers, as Frank Seravalli mentioned that the two Alberta teams do have some serious interest in trying to acquire Kirby Dach from the Montreal Canadians to bolster their Center group and get another Solid Center to play down the middle. 


Imagn Images


So we have talked about Dach in the past, I even think I did a video about him a couple of weeks ago on my YouTube Channel when I was looking at a couple of players who could leave in the next year. So Dach is entering the final year of his deal, a one-year deal he signed this offseason with AAV of $3.6 million and he will be a UFA at the end of the season and once the Habs made the addition of Chris Kreider, the Habs forward group has becomes stacked and that has pushed Dach to playing at best third line if not fourth line minutes. So it just looks like Dach has been blocked out of the top 9 in the Montreal Canadiens organization.


Also they will need some cap space later on to add to the roster, so they could try and move Dach at the deadline if they were trying to get some sort of a bigger addition, which I think is a very likely possibility and according to Seravalli, he says that the Oilers and the Flames have some serious interest in Kirby Dach. 




Now he says that the Flames are looking for a center who can either be a one-two punch with Frost for the foreseeable future or take over for Frost if he does wind up leaving via free agency and while there's no topline centers available that the Flames really could go after right now, that sort of fit their timeline, Dach could be a solid stop gap guy, you sign him to a two or three year deal, have him be their topline center, and then eventually once some of the younger guys get into the lineup they can have those guys take over. So that might be a smart move there for the Flames, but once again I am not sure if they do it at the trade deadline as they may try and wait for free agency, because I don't think they want to really move draft capital right now with the state that the Flames are in right now as one of the worst teams in the entire NHL, but that is a team who could go after Dach for sure. 




Now you also have the Oilers who are looking for a right-handed center according to Seravalli, which is what Kirby Dach is. So that would be a very smart move there for the Oilers, they could have Dach as their third or fourth line center, which I think it might be a smart move for the Oilers, you could have like Draisaitl and McDavid, Dickinson, and Dach as your top four Center’s. Like that's some superb depth for the Oilers down the middle and the Oilers do have a little bit of cap space and some draft capital. So I think they could even try and make something work before the trade deadline. 


So it’s very interesting to note there, but the Oilers and the Flames according to Seravalli do have some serious interest in Dach and I think some other teams out there would have some serious interest in Dach, but I don't think Dach long-term stays in Montreal, I think he's just been boxed out of the Habs lineup and I do think a trade could come at some point and both Edmonton and Calgary do make some sense to try and acquire Dach. I think spot-wise, Calgary makes much more sense than Edmonton, but I think he could also be a really good fit in the Oilers organization. So Keep your eye on Kirby Dach as he could be dealt at some point this season and  it seems like the Alberta teams got some serious interest, and I would like to hear from you down below, would it make sense for the Flames or Oilers to acquire Dach and if so what trade package could they offer, let me know below and don’t forget to follow and check out my YouTube Channel. 

Comments