Hawks looking to move 1st’s for improvement.

 Hawks using multiple picks for immediate impact player.



Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog post, sorry for the lack of paying over the last month as I have been focusing on my YouTube channel and a few other things, but we are back now and should hopefully be posting a bit more consistently going forward but right now we are going over to Chicago to look at the Hawks and talk about a few things regarding them. 


So we are still in the slow portion of the offseason so there isn’t too much stuff here to talk about, but I do have an interesting thing I want to talk about here from Scott Powers who I think is a connected insider with the Athletic, and he was talking about the Chicago Blackhawks and he says that he would be quite surprised if the Chicago Blackhawks did not move at least two of their three first round picks that they have for this upcoming season. 




Now the Blackhawks are trying to start to come out of this rebuild, hence moving the fourth overall pick for Bowen Byram just a little while ago, so it looks like they're trying to go for it and they do have three first round picks for this upcoming 2027 draft, they have their own. They have the Oilers thanks to the Mangiapane  deal and they have the Florida Panthers which should have been last years first round pick, however, it was top 10 protected, the Panthers kept it, traded it for Brady Tkachuk and now the Hawks have their unprotected 2027 first round pick. So the Blackhawks do have three first round picks, and they have a first round pick from the Oilers and it's an unprotected first round pick from the Panthers along with their own. 


So I don't think the Hawks are going to be overly good this upcoming season, so I think they probably want to hold on to their own first round pick, but Edmonton and Florida are two teams who are looking to bounce back, now I don't think either  of them are going to go to the Stanley Cup final, but I do think the Panthers are probably going to make the playoffs, the Oilers are probably going to make the playoffs and they're both probably going to win a round or two. 


Imagn Images

So, I can see both of those picks being in the 20 to 25 range in next year's draft and I could see the Hawks try and move off those picks to try and get some immediate help, as we've seen, they want to start trying to be aggressive and they still need some help in the top six, they could probably use another top four defensemen, so this Blackhawks team does still have holes on this lineup. 


So, I'm not sure if they do it at the trade deadline or if they would do it at next years off season, but I wouldn't be overly shocked if at the very least one of their first round picks in 2027 would up getting moved, if not two of them, So we're going to have to wait and see on that, but I do agree with Powers there. I think there's a very likely chance the Hawks do move a couple of first’s before next year's draft and I wouldn't be surprised to see them maybe even package those first round picks together to try and get a young player like a Michkov from Philly or Marchenko from CBJ, sort of like what Calgary did when they  packaged the Knights first and the Avalanches first in the next two years to New Jersey to get Nemec, I could see a similar thing happen to that with the Hawks maybe for like a top end forward player, So keep your eye on the Chicago Blackhawks as there's a very likely chance they try to go after someone this season or in the offseason next year and they use those first round picks they have acquired to do it. So keep your eye on the Hawks and I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below on if you think the Hawks will add that young piece, and don’t forget to check out my YouTube channel as well. 

Comments